The Planning, Budgeting, Monitoring & Evaluation Directorate enables effective and efficient implementation of the Health Sector plan by supporting planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation processes, through the development of regional health information systems, policies, systems, tools and services in line with regional strategic and operational guidance.
Overall Objective of the directorate is to ensure that the regional Health Bureau Budget and operational plans in the Region are developed, implemented, monitored and evaluated in line with the Bureau’s guidelines and standards, to ensure delivery of quality health service, by each Budget Centre, priorities and needs in the regions.
Major Functions of directors are to:
- Provide technical support and guidance to Zones and Woredas in strategic and operational planning processes;
- Build the capacity, through organizing training, developing tools and aids, and coaching of staff in the Region in result-based planning, health information system, monitoring and evaluation;
- Facilitate the preparation of the Zonal Health Department and Hospitals Budget allocations and managing the regional budget.
- Make sure that the implementation of different initiatives of health information systems such as HMIS, CHIS, Connected woreda, CVRS, dhis2, eCHIS and others
- Support performance monitoring and assessment through Periodic reporting, i.e. Monthly, quarterly, Semi-Annual Monitoring and annual and foster a culture of data use at all levels through different platforms
- Coordinate and facilitate periodic regional Supportive supervision and review meeting
- Standardized core set of indicators.
- Ensure Data collection, analysis and the dissemination for information to the stakeholders will be simplified and made user friendly.
- Ensure the implementation of data quality Assurance mechanisms such as Routine Data Quality Assessment (RDQA), LQAS. etc, in the sector
- Conduct baseline, mid-term and end-term evaluations of projects/programs/strategies